Integrating Deceval's dematerialized note APIs using Apitude
Through this document, we will see how to create and sign Deceval (Main subsidiary of the Colombian Stock Exchange) promissory notes through Apitude REST endpoints.
Since Deceval is not a publicly exposed API, but rather requires a contract, the first step you must take is to contact us to get your account set up, get advice on how to expedite the contract with Deceval and give us your preferences for certain options that the Apitude platform has at your disposal.
The glossary of terms used in this API:
- Person: A "person" refers to the individuals who take the roles of legal representatives, the signers of the promissory notes, the co-debtors or the grantors of the credits. You should ensure that when you create personal stakeholders you have their correct personal information before registering them. The API does not validate the information you send, to ensure that the information is correct, you can use some of the other services of Apitude.
- Business: A "business" refers to businesses / organizations that take on the roles of loan recipients. Businesses must have at least one legal representative who signs on behalf of the company. You must ensure that when you create business stakeholders you have their correct information before registering them. The API does not validate the information you send, to ensure that the information is correct, you can use some of the other services of Apitude.
- IoU (Promissory Notes): Promissory notes (IoU) are a legal instrument (more particularly, a financial instrument and a debt instrument), in which one party (the beneficiary) agrees in writing to pay a certain sum of money to the other (the issuer) , either in a fixed or determinable future time or on demand, in specific terms. In Apitude there is an endpoint for creating personal promissory notes and another for business promissory notes. You must use the corresponding according to the case.
- Attachments: Apitude allows you to add documents to promissory notes (They can be contracts, terms or any other document in PDF format that is required along with the promissory note). These documents must be added before signing the promissory note and are digitally and biometrically signed with each signature made. This functionality is only available in Apitude, these documents are not sent in custody to Deceval since Deceval only allows custody of promissory notes.
The API is divided into 5 sections:
- The endpoints to create, obtain and update people.
- Endpoints to create, obtain and update companies.
- The endpoints to obtain the list of cities, departments and countries that must be sent in the creation of people, companies and promissory notes.
- The endpoints to create, obtain and sign promissory notes.
- The endpoints to create and obtain attachments to promissory notes before signatures.